Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Portfolio Site



I've just relaunched my portfolio site. The re-design isn't hugely dramatic, and I will probably continue to do some behind-the-scenes tinkering to clean up the code and maybe do a little text editing here and there, but I'm proud of the relaunch!

The main differences:
  • The primary navigation is now along the top
  • There is more use of color throughout the site
  • The "About" section has been expanded
  • The thrust of the site is now more about making client connections rather than just showing what I've done in the past
  • The new color switcher!
I've also tried something new where the entire site is designed without any images (with the exception of the portfolio imagery). Most websites use combinations of background graphics, graphics-as-text, and other graphical embellishments, but I gave myself the challenge of doing it all solely using HTML and style sheets. There may be a slight benefit in loading speed, but for the most part, this was purely as a personal challenge to see what I can achieve, and I'm pretty happy with the result.

One of the key additions to the portfolio section is the recent relaunch of the SpeakEasy Stage Company site, one of Boston's premier theater institutions. Check it out.

I also finally linked to my blog, which has been running for about 3 months now, as I wanted to make sure there was a decent back log of content available before promoting the blog. So feel free to peruse past entries and let me know what you think - leave a comment on a post if you find it interesting! (Please note that for now I am using a blogger template for the blog, but I plan to create my own blog layout soon - one step at a time.)

Thanks for visiting, and if you're looking for a new designer, hopefully I might be working with you soon!

No comments: